Monday, June 9, 2008

SMART CAR TEST DRIVE - VIDEO

Here's the skinny: I would probably only buy one if I needed space, if I only had $15k, if I loved being stared at on the road, or just was in love with the cuteness of it. Otherwise, I might still have to wait for the Prius. 


I really did enjoy the Smart Car, it was good quality (materials, the cage, etc.) and definitely cute, but there's not enough value for my needs. Meaning, I would rather have more space and more car and pay just a bit more money for a Prius, and the Smart Car uses only gas. 

People ask about the mileage, and I believe it's 33/45 even though unofficially, the girl was told people are getting into the 50's. Not too shabby. The version here that we test-drove was the Cabrio and with the upgrades and taxes, was right around $17K, give or take. They are definitely worth looking into, and are indeed fun. I'm glad I did it, so I won't see one zipping around and wonder, "What are those little things like to drive?"

No comments: