Sunday, August 10, 2008

DOGS + NEW GRASS = SPOTTY DISASTER?


Culprits #1 and 2 above

We just got a new dog and have two others, and we have a newly sodded lawn, and it's painful to see yellow/brown spots on it already from the dog pee. Of course, it's a trade-off we're willing to make, but painful nonetheless.

After doing a little research on how to stop this, I have read many different options from feeding them tomato soup (I don't think so), to giving them biscuits from the pet store (I've tried this one) that weakens their ammonia or whatever, but the most common thing I'm reading is also the simplest. Try watering the spot right after they pee and keep a watering can handy and according to what I'm reading, no more spots!

So simple, but I shall try it and let you all know.

Culprit #3 below

No comments: