Wednesday, March 19, 2008

In Treatment - HBO

HBO allowed the first 15 episodes of In Treatment to be downloaded to your Tivo for free, and then to watch more you have to watch HBO - not a big deal to me, I mean, at least you got 15 for free right? Try before you buy I suppose. 

But here I go, saying a probably unpopular thing:  I hate the show! I love Gabriel Byrne in general and the shows are only 30 minutes long. It explores the psychosis of a different set of patients each time, and it is meant to be fascinating. I have to say though, I found the first two episodes with Blair Underwood to be so annoying I couldn't even watch it. Narcissism at its worst! I'm kind of a "get to the point" kind of guy and this show is the exact opposite of that, you are supposed to be enthralled by the process of delving into the psyche to get to the real problems. Unfortunately, I was already agitated and lost interest long before that. 
Click here for a preview. I suspect that many people love it or will love it, I'm just sad to report that I deleted the rest of the episodes and I'm not going to be one of them. 

No comments: