Sunday, April 13, 2008

BYE-BYE CUBE FARM!

Check this out, it's a solar-powered workstation that will let you fully function "off the grid" while still enjoying the conveniences of having your laptop and other electronics along with you as there's an outlet in the table's center. The table and chairs are molded wood construction and are modular so you can have a variable number of seats and the disc-like top is the solar panel. Maybe we could all convince our employers that this would cut down on overhead and they could subsidize the purchases of these? Surely it's going to be a better value than those plastic cubes they stick us all in. You know the ones I'm talking about, the ones with really low walls to "facilitate open communication amongst teams." Yeah, I don't buy that one either. 


Now, typically I don't post things that aren't readily available because it just becomes fantasy and I'm all about being able to get something if it's a good idea - whether or not you (or I) can afford it is quite another story, but I digress. I found this over at Inhabitat and they have lots of cool things and ideas. This one in particular does not yet have pricing or availability. 



No comments: