Monday, April 7, 2008

Sunday Market

I went up to the Sunday Market and found some great plants for my garden area that are bigtime hummingbird attractions - kind of like how candy stores attract me. Anyway, I put them in a cluster and have called it "Hummingbird Lane", I hope they enjoy it. Hummingbird-opolis was a little too difficult to say.
 
As usual, there were some protestors up there and they aren't so much protestors as much as they are wearing signs to make a statement peacefully. One woman, who was in a wheelchair, had a sign on the back of her wheelchair that showed the above picture. I asked to take a picture, she graciously agreed, and I happily went on my way. I hope I see her again, she was so sweet and inspiring.
 

2 comments:

Stevyn Colgan said...

And here I am in wet and windy Buckinghamshire freaking out about snow on my onions ... hummingbirds? How cool is that? The most exciting birds we have in the UK are woopeckers. And what can you say about a bird that bashes its head against a tree all day? Great blog! A man after my own heart.

A View of the C said...

Your comment made me laugh, the woodpecker bashing its head part. So true. Thanks for the compliment, I appreciate it.