Wednesday, April 16, 2008

MUSIC CHARTS


Leona Lewis won "The X Factor" over in the U.K. and was the contestant Simon Cowell mentored during the show.  This past week, she moved over 200,000 units of her CD, "Spirit" (yeah, I know) to land in #1 on the Billboard Album chart here in the United States. You might have heard her single, "Bleeding Love", on the radio. Again, I know - nice titles huh? 

Next week, the title will go to Mariah and she'll probably sell triple that number. Congrats to both of them.
Here's my commentary: I kind of liken it to a wall painted in tan and another wall painted in creme - both completely palatable, but unremarkable. I've heard both CD's and they're both completely generic, like a McDonald's cheeseburger. They sell a ton, but I doubt anyone thinks they're really the best. I think that's enough for analogies tonight.
Here's a pic of Mariah, the Alpaca.  Isn't she precious? 


No comments: