Monday, May 19, 2008

BOTTOMS UP!

Part of my Dallas tradition with my friend Tom is for us to do a few Jägerbombs - we find that having the Red Bull with the Jägermeister sends us to crazy town on an express if you know what I'm sayin'. I'm not saying they're entirely safe, and I would definitely encourage you to limit it to 1 or 2 in an evening. Having said that, they taste pretty damned good and like I said, it's a nice boost of energy with just a little cracking out - I love it! That got me thinking, maybe other people would like to know what they are, so here you go:

The Jägerbomb, or occasionally Jagbomb is a cocktail combining one shot of Jägermeister dropped into a glass of an energy drink, usually Red Bull. It is referred to as a "Jäger-Bull" in German speaking countries, as well as in English bars. In Austria it is called "Flying Hirsch", where Hirsch means deer in German and is inspired by the Jägermeister logo and the "Flying" is derived from the Red Bull slogan "Red Bull gives you wings". Jägerbombs may be called "Bull Blasters", and the term 'bomb shots' can also refer to many different combinations of energy drinks and liquor.

As always, be safe folks - and then have a good time! 

No comments: