Thursday, May 8, 2008

Randoms



As I sit here listening to Patty Griffin go "Up to the Mountain", I feel grateful to be nestled up in the sky closer to the heavens. I just woke up from my first head-bobbing nap, thankfully without any drool to be discretely wiping away.

I also just finished reading Blender magazine, a favorite of mine, with Tila Tequila on the cover. Eventually she might need to be called Tila Ensure or Tila Metamucil but for now, Tequila seems appropriate. Also, booty-shakes are only sexy when the flesh actually stops moving
when you do, but she's also not yet there.

While not a fan of contrived dating shows, I have to admire her bravery to proclaim, without apology, her bisexuality - and give kudos to MTV for being brave enough (or greedy enough) to put it on the air. Lucky them though, as it was their highest-rated show last year, and
lucky for people out there that need to see you can act a fool whether you're gay, straight, or bisexual. If I were concerned about behavioral issues on tv, it would not have anything to do with their sexuality, but only their morality. And if my child were to be straight as a result of our culture, I would love him or her just the same. Ok, stepping down from the soap box, although I'm really just thinking aloud, but without the aloud part I guess.

Four hours of sleep is not enough I suppose so I'll just do a random thoughts list:

  • Alaska Airlines now carries Jones Soda, which is very cool!
  • You can't save a draft email while in airplane mode on your iPhone - I just learned this the hard way.
  • Kanye's "Glow in the Dark Tour" looks amazing.
  • Sammy Hagar had a tequila business called "Cabo Wabo" that he sold 80% of in 2007 for $80 million.
  • Mariah Carey's new CD title, "E=MC2" would be brilliant if she knew what the word irony meant.

That's all for now or my phone will die and I will have no directions to where I'm staying tonight in Dallas.

No comments: