Wednesday, May 28, 2008

WELCOME BACK FROM DREAM STATE


Just got back last night from the ocean (Long Beach, WA), and it was a great time - nice and relaxing with good company! The weather was fairly nice for ocean weather. We rode bikes every day and now that I have my toe clips, it makes a huge difference. I think all of the riding might have almost circumvented weight gain, but I am not so sure. The Wii Fit tells me I'm fatter. Oy vey!

Anyway, we took the dogs to the ocean and let them run free, we had dinner with an artist friend that we've developed a relationship with, and we were able to get some art while we were there - the trio of pieces were things she created for us, based on conversations we had with her, our family aspirations, the aesthetics that speak to us, etc. We love them, they're simple yet not, and they're reverse-painted on glass. Here is a pic of those. 

Here is a pic of a simple piece that speaks a lot to me, particularly to how I felt as a little boy but certainly how any childhood could be, forks in the road, which path should one take, which path can someone be steered towards. Excuse my photo of it, but it has the embossed word "IF" below it. It also makes me think of JFK Jr. and how his childhood innocence was taken away. 

Each night we played games like 5 Crowns, Milbournes, and I can't remember what else. I won, of course, although some people might argue that!  We had drinks, shots of Hot Damn, pizza, sandwiches, everything you can think of. 
 
Above is a pic of a house in the neighborhood that I just love, we actually have a print of it here in our house, something about all of the windows that I just adore. 

In the photo above to the left are Edna, Tigz, and Frida - she is the sweetest little dog and is deaf, but she had fun too! There's also a human in the pic too, we shall call him/her "Cary". The pics next to that is of one of the cabins we stayed in - small but sweet. 
I'll have more pics to post once I can get "release forms" filled out by our guests. I was told not to post any pics without permission, ha!

No comments: