Friday, January 25, 2008

Commuting Rant

It seems that I inspired someone else to rant about their commute, which is music to my ears. I aim to inspire. 

Driving 
  • School should start AFTER Rush hour on the trains. I need to make my train so seeing a school bus pull in front of me basically says 'ha ha, you are gunna miss it'.
On the train
  • Don't use your cell phone for more than a conversation exchanging facts like 'I'll be home at 6", "I gotta pay back this loan by tomorrow or they will break my thumbs" or "Casserole is fine honey". If you need to talk, do it quietly and take the headset off, you can't speak softly when using a hands free, it apparently violates the laws of physics.
  • If you listen to an iPod or other music, keep it to yourself. If I can figure out what song you are listening to from across the aisle, your volume is too loud.
  • Keep your shoes on. 
  • Don't sit in the middle of 3 seats when you know the train will be crowded, hoping no one will sit near you. Might as well say "I am a douchebag and I know it".
Escalators
  • Right is for standing, left for walking. If you want to 'chat' with your pal you have to wait until you get to the top. DO NOT STAND ON THE LEFT SIDE.

Thanks Mezz.

No comments: