Sunday, January 27, 2008

Movie Recommendation - Juno

When you go to a movie with a small group of people, it's usually about the experience, not really the movie. Today was about the movie, and while I know much of America has already seen this, I still wanted to put my two cents in on it. First off, Ellen Page is fantastic in this film - very witty, very sassy, and yet she is able to be real, not just a caricature of the "angry teen". She's very intelligent, curious, and definitely walks her own direction. Jennifer Garner, I love - I actually have a bit of a crush on her, always have. Alias, 13 Going on 30, etc. Something about her, but I digress. So as everyone knows, the girl is preggers and doesn't want to keep the kid, so it goes through that process and how she reconciles it with her life. 

Anyway, if you haven't seen it - go see it. If you have, maybe even see it again. I think there are many layers to explore and if you have an open mind to feeling those different layers of life, you might even be moved. I hope this film does well at Oscar time. It's not going to take you on a huge high, then a huge low, it's a slow, simmering film. Once you settle into that, all is good. 
It started with a chair. It ended with a chair.

No comments: