Thursday, January 31, 2008

Home Depot

I have always had an affinity with trips to the Home Depot, like most people. I feel manly, in project mode, and I feel lost at the same time. I watch those shows where they work with them, and Home Depot is all over the product placement scenes. But let me ask you this: do you ever actually get good help there? I mean, the people are nice and trying their best, so no disrespect to them. Seriously though, have you been like me, standing there, confused, needing guidance, looking around, and seeing nobody to help you. Well tonight, I needed help and when I finally got it, the guy had no idea what I was looking for. You might be saying to yourself, "well maybe you don't know what you were looking for" and normally that would be accurate. But I was looking to special order something, a window bar, a drapery rod. Not complex, easy even. I actually had measurements! Well, after thumbing through the manuals, books, whatever, he couldn't help me. My gripe is that they don't really even seem to care, don't want to call a manager, don't want to go above and beyond that "sorry man".

Screw Home Depot, I'll find another place to spend my money and take my confusion with me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ATTA GURL!